This product is no longer in stock
Mornings in the city are fascinating because they always show you the most authentic aspect of how its inhabitants live in their hometown. Having local brunch called almuerzo is a social activity shared by almost all people in Valencia. “Almorzar” is a gastronomic tradition that defines what Valencia is like and what its people are like: an irreducible village, proud of its culinary localisms! This unique cultural custom is explained more in details by our local experts during this tour in Valencia.
First, we begin our tapas brunch in Valencia at exactly the peak time for many cafés, and we start our peregrination with a unique, and most typical, local breakfast. To continue the adventure, we will discover Valencia's old stores and taste their fresh products, visit the emblematic central market (Mercado Central) where we will eat Iberian ham, olives, cheese and wine from the region. Then, we will go to a local bar where we will sample an authentic almuerzo/brunch as the Valencianos do: the iconic Esmorzaret! To finish up after these very different experiences we end up with a must-do local tradition, the delicious “Orchata”!
We have designed this adventure to show you the way locals live and interact in the city through the spectrum of food. At each stop of our market brunch tour, you taste an important element of the cuisine of Valencia and Spain. You also learn about the families and history behind each of the cafe, grocery shop and restaurant that you visit. During our market brunch tour in Valencia, where the locals go, we go!
- Expert food guide
- A five-stop journey that includes 10-12 succulent tapas and 5 delicious local drinks
- The Valencia Market Brunch tour covers the following historic neighborhoods: Mercado Central & Carmen (Ciutat Vella district). A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a comfortable on-foot experience. Walking distance during the tour: approx. 2km.
Date: Monday to Saturday (bookable up to 24 hrs. in advance)
Meeting point: Plaza del Colegio del Patriarca (in front of the fountain of the University)
Adult price: 70€
Sales from: 2 people
Type of visit: culture + food
- Other languages ask us.
- You may join a small group of travelers.
- Please feel free to request a private tour if you are travelling with kids or for a larger group.
- Additional orders should be paid separately.
- A three-hour walking tour with less than 10 minutes between each stop to ensure a comfortable on-foot experience.
- This tour is not suitable for vegans. Other dietary restrictions please advise 24hrs in advance.
- Tour runs rain or shine.
- Full amount refunded up to 48h before the tour, no refunds accepted after that.
- Accessible tour.